When you first install the EBSCOhost app, you will see a message on its opening screen that says you need an authorization key to use the app. Follow the instructions on the screen to obtain a key.
- Open a browser and go to http://0-guides.mysapl.org.sapl.sat.lib.tx.us/databases
- Click on any EBSCO database.
(Academic Search Complete is the first database listed, and it is an EBSCO database.)
- Authenticate with your library card if you are not at the library.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link iPhone and Android apps
- It will ask you for an email address. Type in your email address and click Send
- Using the mobile device you wish to authenticate, open your email account to find the message from EBSCO
- Click on the link in Step 2 of the message that says authentication key
- It will ask to open the link in the EBSCOhost app, so click Open.
- You should now have access to EBSCOhost databases within the app.
- The authentication key request is active for 24 hours when you have it sent to your email. If it has expired, you will need to request another key.
- The authentication key will expire after 9 months. When it does, you will need to request another key.
- The authentication key link sent via email must be clicked on the device you wish to authenticate.
- If you wish to search only specific databases, you can go to the Settings section of the app and choose which databases are searched.
- If you have clicked "Try EBSCOhost as a guest" in the app, when you authenticate, all databases will be turned off by default. You can turn them back on under Settings.