You may send us a query about your book by:
Ask mySAPL: Please include the following:
- Basic bibliographic information (title, author, ISBN, publisher, date of publication, price).
- A link to your book’s Web site and or/ links to reviews or other coverage in the news media if available.
- A brief description of your book, the intended audience and information about how or where to buy it. The library cannot purchase directly from the author. The library can only purchase through approved City of San Antonio vendors.
Mail – Please do not send a review copy. Promotional materials and/or informational fliers may be sent to:
San Antonio Public Library | Collection Development Department | 600 Soledad | San Antonio, TX 78205
Book evaluation criteria:
- The book must meet the standards outlined in the library’s Collection Development Policy.
- Included with the submission should be any independent, positive reviews in one or more of the major review journals. Examples of professional review journals are Publisher’s Weekly, Library Journal, and Booklist. Newspaper reviews, such as from the San Antonio Express-News, are also helpful to the review process. Paid reviews are not considered.
- It is crucial that the book be well-edited, so that typographical, grammar, and spelling errors are eliminated.
- The book should have a sturdy and professional binding and appearance.
Please note: Because of the number of submissions we receive, we are unable to notify you if your book has been selected for our collection.
Donated books are subject to the same selection criteria as books the Library purchases. Materials that are not added to the Library’s collection are sent to the Friends of the San Antonio Public Library for sale in the Book Cellar, a used books store at the Central Library.
Here is a copy of The San Antonio Public Library's Collection Development Policy if you would like more information about the items we purchase: Collection Development Policy